Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Blog #1: Intro ✌

                                                                     Class expectations

                                                                           vs. Reality


Hello fellow classmates,

My name is Selena Mae Soria and I am a third year majoring in Kinesiology with an emphasis in Pre-Physical Therapy. For a quick background history run down: I was born in the Philippines, moved to Stockton, CA when I was 10 years old, then decided to attend college in sunny San Diego (one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life tbh). I'm graduating a year early since I earned college credit through dual enrollment in a high school and a junior college. However, this is actually my last semester at state since I'll be studying abroad in Australia during my graduating semester. I'm very very nervous, scared, and excited all at the same time.

My hobbies include hiking, surfing, skating, and procrastinating. The picture on the right was taken this summer at Yosemite National Park where I spent the entire day hiking, chasing waterfalls, and getting at least 10 shades darker. I only recently got into surfing but I figured I might as well pick up the skill now instead of looking like a complete noob taking on Australia's first-class waves next year. As for the procrastination issue, I plan on making a conscious effort to resist senioritis this semester just so I can go out with a bang and a more competitive GPA. My current short term goals are to take the GRE, apply to, and hopefully get accepted into graduate schools by the end of the academic year. My professional career goal is to serve in the U.S. Navy as both an officer and a licensed Physical Therapist.

My other interests include food, traveling, volunteering, any type of animal ever, and puns. My favorite food is sushi but I honestly think all Asian food is all that and dim sum. I love to taco bout all different types of cuisine and my taste buds definitely donut discriminate! Anyways, lets get eggcited about this semester because it's sure to be a peachy one. Gouda luck, everyone!


2 comments:

  1. Eggcelent use of memes and puns, I definitely enjoyed reading your blog! As for your hobbies, the only one we have in common is procrastination, although I would love to get better at the other three. I went surfing a couple times in Hawaii, but I was with an instructor and the waves were extremely small. I had a competition with my dad to see who could stand up on the board the most times (I won) and we had a blast. Also, best of luck to you in Australia! I have actually never been out of the country but I am thinking about studying abroad somewhere in Europe pretty soon. I think it will be great to experience a completely new perspective and culture, and I hope you have an awesome time. It was great reading your blog and I hope I get to know you better this semester!

    ReplyDelete